Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christchurch

Power has just returned. No water yet. We are ok for water. House is good. We have not slept during night. Unbelievable aftershocks every twenty minutes.

Extremely frightening on my work 6th floor. Was thrown about. Hurt my knee - getting better now. When I got up from the floor all I could see through our windows was rapidly rising large and dense dust clouds in all directions - so many building have completely collapsed. The most frightening part apart from the violent shaking was the loud angry noises the building made - truly powerful and frightening very loud noises. I think I've been very lucky.

Lorraine at work - only doing critical patients.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are both ok and safe

Take Care
SJ

Rita & Peter de Beer said...

We are glad you are both ok, Regards,

David Bosley said...

Great to hear you are both safe and well. Best wishes from all the members at the Napier Petanque Club. Keep safe & take care
David Bosley.